All-in-one holiday fun defines Downtown Dazzle, a two-month celebration of the winter season in some of Kansas City’s most iconic districts and neighborhoods. From wow-worthy live performances and Christmas tree lighting ceremonies to exclusive shopping deals perfect for gift-getting, there’s never a dull moment during Downtown Dazzle.
Two Months of Nonstop Fun
Simply put, Downtown Dazzle is Kansas City’s most expansive holiday event, offering two full months of festive fun for participants of every age. Now in its sixth year, the all-encompassing experience combines festivities in the Power & Light District, River Market, Crown Center, Crossroads Arts District and everything in between.
Plus, with the Downtown corridor more connected than ever thanks to the KC Streetcar, visitors and locals can forget about their vehicles and travel by rail to their favorite seasonal celebrations, all for free. What more could you wish for?
Locally Inspired Shopping
Treating yourself or buying presents for others, use the free Dazzling Deals booklet to find exclusive discounts and offers redeemable at Downtown boutiques, only during Dazzle.
To get your booklet, go to DazzleKC.com for the full list of pickup locations.
Iconic Events and Experiences
Keep your calendar cleared for unforgettable winter events and other beloved activities.
At more than 100 feet high and touting 7,200-plus bulbs, the Mayor’s Christmas Tree is easily one of the most breathtaking sights of the holiday season. Attend the lighting ceremony (Nov. 29) and stick around for incredible shopping, dining and entertainment at the all-in-one Crown Center. Open Nov. 29 through Jan. 5, 2020.
While in the area, make sure to swing by the Crown Center Ice Terrace. Whether on a romantic date, enjoying time with family or simply enjoying the brisk winter season, the skating rink is ideal for making winter memories in the heart of Kansas City.
Other merriments abound at Union Station. The cultural landmark features a never-ending array of festivities during Dazzle. Highlighted by a visit from the Kansas City Southern Holiday Express Train, guests also can’t help but photograph Union Station’s spectacular Christmas tree and admire its wondrous decorations and beautifully restored halls.
Consult the full list of Dazzle events to enjoy the entire season.
Creative arts companies shine during Downtown Dazzle thanks to live shows that retell and perform time-honored classics.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas | Performed by the excellent company at the Coterie Theatre in Crown Center, this all-ages show has a little something for everyone, including a live jazz trio playing the TV special’s original Vince Guaraldi arrangements. Nov. 5-Dec. 29
- Christmas In Song | Well-known holiday hymns and traditional Christmas tunes keep viewers grooving in their seats during this spirited Quality Hill Playhouse show that always brings the energy. Nov. 21-Dec. 22
- A Spectacular Christmas Show | Dynamic singing and dancing highlight this rousing holiday performance, which showcases innovative arrangements and medleys of famous Christmas tunes at MTH Theater at Crown Center. Dec. 5-23
- The Nutcracker | A beloved annual tradition, the Kansas City Ballet and Kansas City Symphony team up at the Kauffman Center to wow audiences in an enchanting rendition of this magical tale. Dec. 5-24
- Handel’s Messiah | A nearly 200-person musical ensemble performs this holiday masterpiece, featuring the Kansas City Symphony Chorus, special guest vocalists and more in Helzberg Hall at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. Dec. 6-8
- The Nativity | More than 40 larger-than-life puppets bring The Nativity to life at Grace & Holy Trinity Cathedral in this wonderful adaptation from Mesner Puppet Theater. Dec. 6-8
- All Star Holidays | The Kansas City Jazz Orchestra brings out the stars for this one-night show as the top musical stars of Kansas City’s signature sound swing the night away with jazzed-up yuletide jingles. Dec. 10
- Christmas Festival | This iconic Kansas City Symphony concert experience is a veritable showcase of holiday spirit. Count on festive songs, carols and other surprises—plus a visit from jolly Saint Nick. Dec. 20-23